It feels like a rock concert and he looks like a rock star. Bill McKibben, climate activist, author and founder of 350.org, speaks to an upbeat crowd at Powershift 2011, a youth festival and new climate change movement. 10.000 young climate leaders meet in Washington DC from 15-18 April 2011 to reach a new level of collective motivation. Yeah, that’s the spirit. We all have to unite on a global scale to foster the global transformation to the Smart Green Economy. Check out our Global Master Plan and help create a similar movement here in Europe. Here is the Youtube video.Read more
Going smart green now should be our motivation on all levels. For the smart green transformation I propose a strategy based on 7 pillars. This strategy has to be elaborated into a full-featured global master plan. I invite everybody to contribute to the elaboration of the global master plan and to join its execution.
1. Our global goal should be the fast transformation to the Smart Green Economy.
2. Cities are the epicentre of economic activity and must go smart green now.
3. Companies should adopt smart green strategies offering sustainable products and services.
4. Fast cost reduction of smart green technologies is the key leverage for the mass market.
5. We have to change our lifestyle and become smart green consumers.
6. We have to shift political and financial power to the United Nations.
7. Huge investments of human and financial capital are necessary.
Let’s start now, improve continuously, measure our progress every year and use open innovation and transparent communication so that we can learn from each other. Let’s share our ideas and know-how online on a global scale.