flinc’s social mobility network enables dynamic realtime ride sharing on everyday routes, increasing car occupancy and decreasing traffic.
- ECO12 Award category: Startup
- Company name: flinc AG
- Country of origin: Germany
- Company address: Am Herrschaftsweiher 11, 67071 Ludwigshafen, Germany
- Founding year: 2010
- Company status: private company
- Website: www.flinc.org
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/flinc
- Twitter: @flinc
- Youtube: www.youtube.com/flincteam
- Contact person: Klaus Dibbern, CEO, firstname.lastname@example.org
- CEO: Klaus Dibbern (Photo)
flinc is the world’s first social mobility network which matches drivers and passengers for ride sharing in realtime using desktop, smartphone and navigation technology.
Gas prices are rising, carbon emissions need to be reduced and roads are congested: the challenges for individual mobility seem unsurmountable. The German startup flinc has launched its new service nationwide based on a revolutionary concept: Instead of building a new infrastructure, flinc addresses the large number of existing passenger vehicles and aims to increase their occupancy on daily routes. It combines state-of-the-art technology with social networking to offer a dynamic, safe and automated service that gets you from A to B.
By using their desktop, smartphone or navigation device flinc users can easily be matched in realtime with members from their trusted social mobility network and share long or short rides. As world’s first, flinc is integrated in navigation software.
The market potential for dynamic ride sharing is huge. 165 million trips by car are being done in Germany – per day! On average, 1.3 persons sit in a car. 80% of all trips are shorter than 40 km. Especially among younger people (17-34), the motivation to own a car is diminishing and the openness to sharing is growing. flinc will initially target this segment of young, connected people.
flinc AG was founded by Michael Hübl, Benjamin Kirschner and Klaus Dibbern in May 2010, based on a concept and a prototype developed at Hochschule Darmstadt. Release 1.0 has been launched nationwide in Germany in July 2011. Media coverage was overwhelming and within a few weeks the number of registered users surpassed 30K.
Smart Green Product
flinc is the social mobility network enabling dynamic ride sharing for all routes. flinc is available on the web and as iPhone and Android app.
- Funding: €1.3M (Dec 2010)
- Investors: ISB Rheinland-Pfalz, KfW
- Employees: 2010: 5, 2011: 12, 2012E: 16
- Revenues: confidential
- Customers: B2C: private people who want to be mobile or reduce their gas bill – B2B: companies and universities
- Milestones: 50K users, Winner Urban Solutions Pitch at Cebit 2012, Integration in Bosch and Navigon/Garmin navigation systems, T-City Partner, Weconomy Award 2010, Pioniergeist Award 2011
Flinc on Ecosummit.net
Looks like we have some content with the tag flinc here: