Our vision is driven by the belief that if we make environmental intelligence available to everyone, we will change behaviour.
- ECO12 Award category: Startup
- Company name: AMEE UK Limited
- Country of origin: United Kingdom
- Company address: 4th Floor, 70-74 City Road, London EC1Y 2BJ, UK
- Founding year: 2007
- Company status: private company
- Website: www.amee.com
- Twitter: @ameeHQ
- Youtube: www.youtube.com/ameeHQ
- Contact person: Laura Desborough, PA, Amee, firstname.lastname@example.org
- CEO: Tim Murphy (Photo)
We structure, aggregate, link, cleanse and codify environmental data from around the world. We add intelligence to the data through complex calculations on data interpretation. Our platform is highly scalable and our cloud based web solutions make access to our intelligence easy, whether it’s through our human readable search engine (AMEEdiscover) or through web services such as AMEEconnect or our open source AMEEappkit. Gavin Starks, our Founder and non-Executive Chairman, is a serial entrepreneur with over a decade of experience in building data businesses, 20 years in Internet and software development, and a background in astrophysics. Our Co-founder and Chief Scientific Officer Andrew Conway, has won awards including an “Outstanding contribution to data analysis” by NASA for his work on the RHESSI satellite, and the Faraday medal from Glasgow University. He completed his PhD at the age of 21, in the fields of neural networks and solar physics. Our primary target are CFOs/heads of procurement CSOs/CEOs of SMEs. We believe our markets are very global. One of the special ingredients of AMEE is our data science team. We know how to add value to environmental data by structuring, codifying and aggregating. In addition, we add even more value by adding intelligence, or bringing different data sets together.
Smart Green Product
In five year’s time, we believe the global market for environmental intelligence will exceed $5 billion globally. AMEE believes there is a huge opportunity to bring transparency, consistency and scalability to environmental information. By applying the learning’s of the financial information business, which has evolved dramatically over the past few decades, we believe we will make environmental information understandable and actionable to millions of users. Additionally, AMEE ensures compatibility with all regulatory registries due to its comprehensive database and close partnership with regulatory agencies and standards providers. Our focus is on the following areas:
- AMEEsure: A rigorous quality assurance process to ensure our data and calculations are always up to date and accurate.
- AMEEdiscover: Our search engine to access millions and millions of data points of environmental intelligence. By searching data, users can understand its precedence, reliability, rating, last time of update etc. All calculations are openly displayed, and developers can obtain access to computer generated code to support calculations automatically. Developers can go between AMEEdiscover and AMEEconnect to ensure the right data is being used in applications.
- AMEEconnect: AMEE API to embed AMEE intelligence in any relevant platform anywhere. Developers around the world can use our API’s to integrate quickly and intuitively to access environmental intelligence.
- AMEE Supply Chain/Scope 3 solutions: Incorporate AMEE score and web based tools for companies to manage and allocate Scope 3 emissions and understand the implied carbon liabilities related to their business.
- Funding: Series B of $5.5M in 2010, Series A of $2M in 2008
- Investors: Amadeus Capital Partners, O’Reilly AlphaTech Ventures and Union Square Ventures
- Employees: 2010: 15, 2011: 18, 2012E: 18
- Revenues: confidential
- Customers: British Petroleum, C3 and SunEdison. All accounts have grown in size. We have added more clients in the past few quarters than over the past two years.
- Further Milestones: Rushlight: Environmental Analysis and Metrology Award 2012, The Guardian: Global Cleantech 100 (2010 + 2011), GP Bullhound Cleantech Connect: 2011 Unique Leadership