AirBase Systems develops air quality sensors for wireless sensor networks to measure realtime air pollution within buildings and outside.
- ECO12 Award category: Startup
- Company name: AirBase Systems Ltd.
- Country of origin: Israel, European HQ in Berlin
- Company address: Kopenhagener Str. 7, 10437 Berlin, Germany
- Founding year: 2010
- Company status: private company
- Website: www.myairbase.com
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/myairbase
- Contact person: Liad Ortar, VP Marketing, Managing Director Europe, email@example.com
- CEO: Irad Kuhnreich (Photo)
AirBase, founded in 2010, is an Israel-based startup that is focused on helping people reduce the negative impact of polluted air by creating awareness and true, up-to-date and location-relevant data. AirBase is the only company in the field of air pollution that can provide a full spectrum of services including manufacturing of the sensing equipment, data aggregation and information generation. AirBase’s technology will enable people to become aware of the existing pollution in their surroundings and helps them protect their health by receiving detailed information and recommendations about how to deal with pollution on a day-to-day basis. AirBase is a flexible system that can be deployed in a single home-based configuration up to comprehensive territory-wide coverage.
Air pollution is increasing and we are paying a horrendous cost in human lives and a heavy financial burden due to, among other factors, inefficient and very expensive management of air pollution monitoring. The market is begging for cost-effective air pollution monitoring. AirBase plans to penetrate the air pollution market by deploying a first-of-its-kind urban outdoor sensor network in Tel Aviv, Israel. AirBase will start with a full-scale pilot deployment of around 500 outdoor sensors. The pilot will strengthen and demonstrate AirBase’s technological and business market supremacy and confirm our ability to install and operate high-density urban air quality sensor networks. AirBase’s marketing strategy is based on the awareness that outdoor air quality information distributed to the public will serve as a driver for the purchase of indoor (household) sensors.
- Funding: As of today, AirBase is funded by the chief scientists of the Israeli Trade Ministry and its founders.
- Investors: not disclosed
- Employees: not disclosed
- Revenues: not disclosed
- Main product (photo): CanarIT 0.1 Sensor – AirBase System’s proprietary sensor module has been especially designed for simple installation and mass distribution. The device integrates advanced nanotechnology sensor heads together with power, computing and communication capabilities. The sensor module is characterized by its low cost (manufacturing and operation), ease of installation (a true plug-and-play Web device) and solid error-free performance. AirBase Sensors will be interlaced in a city-wide or area-wide network and communicate through a simple web-based configuration. The network will continuously log information about local air contaminants received from the sensors. AirBase will aggregate the data, analyse it and deliver alerts through a variety of channels: Internet, WiFi and GSM or UMTS. The highly compact sensors are stored in a compact casing that only needs to be powered and hooked to the LAN plugs in the Internet router. The sensors transmit information every 20 seconds. Any deviation from the authorized levels of pollution immediately generates an alert.